Middle/High School English/History Teacher
Salary/Wages $32,445 to $40,706 gross annual salary based on experience and education levels
Type: Full Time
Location: North Side Campus
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required; B.Ed. and/or appropriate theological training.
Experience Required: Previous teaching experience.
Closing Date: 2023-08-18 3:00PM
Munro Academy is a growing independent non-profit day school offering positively life changing Christian education for Pre-Primary to Grade 12 Students.
The MS/HS English/History Teacher integrates passion and compassion in teaching History, English and other subject areas to MS and HS students with a focus on engaging students in becoming world changers. As part of a vibrant teaching team, the English Teacher is responsible to the MS/HS Principal and is hired by the MS/HS Principal and Board.
- Preparing and teaching engaging content based on provincial outcomes frameworks for various MS and HS students (Grades 6-12).
- Preparation/revision of syllabi (HS courses) and other appropriate preparations as needed for quality educational delivery.
- Cultivating healthy and constructive teacher-student relationships with a focus on character development and supportive care for students.
- Constructively assessing student work; entering assignments/grades in Google Classroom and grades in MySchool on-line system.
- Facilitating ongoing communication with parents as needed (including regular parent teacher conferences, follow-up by email, phone, meeting with parents, etc.).
- Participating in school community life including daily staff devotional meetings, individual and team betterment meetings, professional development training and extracurricular/volunteer opportunities.
- Developing and maintaining a winsome classroom environment appropriate for the subject being taught.
- Taking part in regular assessment with a commitment to ongoing growth in educational delivery.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Commitment to providing positively life-changing education for Cape Breton students through integrating the Bible and the person of Jesus into quality education.
- Bachelor’s degree required; B.Ed. and/or appropriate theological training plus previous teaching experience ideal.
- Passion for and demonstrated experience in education.
- Demonstrated positive classroom management abilities for this age-group.
- Active involvement in local church/parish.
- Ability to contribute to unity in Christ’s body in teaching as a member of staff representing the breadth and wealth of Cape Breton’s denominations.
- Commitment to Munro Academy’s community vision as outlined in Student/Parent Handbook.
- Successful completion of required criminal/abuse registry checks.
- Making a formational difference in the lives of Cape Breton students at this pivotal age!
- Salary range: $32,445 to $40,706 gross annual salary based on experience and education levels paid over 12 months. Munro Academy makes standard salary deductions as per CRA guidelines.
- Health/life, etc. benefits package available (50/50 copay).
- Up to $1,000/year for post bachelor’s degree continuing education (approved by principal)
- $600/year retirement plan.
- Usage of a school owned laptop.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to MS/HS Principal:
Doug Beanedbeane@munroacademy.orgOnly those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.