Salary/Wages $34,067 $42,623 gross annual salary based on experience and education levels
Type: Full Time
Location: Munro Academy
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree; EAL certification and EAL teaching experience
Experience Required: Passion for and demonstrated experience in education.
Closing Date: 2023-08-18 3:00PM
Munro Academy is a growing independent non-profit day school offering positively life changing Christian education for Pre-Primary to Grade 12 Students.
The full time EAL Teacher role integrates passion for teaching EAL with capacity for effectively welcoming and supporting international students to life in Canada and the Munro community. As part of a vibrant teaching team, the EAL Teacher is directly responsible to and works under the direction of the International Student Director. The EAL Teacher works closely with MS/HS and Elementary administration and teachers, and is hired by the Head of School and Board.
The EAL Teacher:
- Works with the International Director to provide EAL support to all students requiring this kind of support
- Provides one-on-one and small group EAL sessions at both the Elementary and MS/HS campuses of Munro Academy
- Supports content teachers by facilitating their content with ELLs (English Language Learners)
- Consults with International Director regarding appropriate accommodations for ELLs
- Consults with International Director regarding appropriate assessments for ELLs
- Supports the International Programming as required by supervising, teaching classes
- Supports the International Programming by engaging in ongoing education and support of classroom teachers to facilitate their ongoing teaching and support of ELLs in their classrooms
- Supports international programming by providing leadership and support for several yearly international student outings - including 1-2 overnights
- Provide practical support for international students by occasionally taking students for medical, dental appointments, etc.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Commitment to providing positively life-changing education for Cape Breton students through integrating the Bible and the person of Jesus into quality education.
- Bachelor’s degree
- EAL certification and EAL teaching experiencePassion for and demonstrated experience in education.
- Demonstrated positive classroom management abilities for this age-group.
- Active involvement in local church/parish.
- Ability to contribute to unity in Christ’s body in teaching as a member of staff representing the breadth and wealth of Cape Breton’s denominations.
- Commitment to Munro Academy’s community vision as outlined in Student/Parent Handbook.
- Successful completion of required criminal/abuse registry checks.
- Making a formational difference in the lives of Cape Breton students at this pivotal age!
- Salary range: $34,067 $42,623 gross annual salary based on experience and education levels paid over 12 months. Munro Academy makes standard salary deductions as per CRA guidelines.
- Bursary for up to 50% of tuition of students enrolled at Munro Academy (FTE based: FTE * 50%)
- Health/life, etc. benefits package available (50/50 copay).
- Up to $1,000/year for post bachelor’s degree continuing education (approved by principal)
- $600/year retirement plan based on FTE percentage.
- Usage of a school owned laptop.
How to apply
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.