Salary/Wages Competitive to other private school teachers’ salary
Type: Full Time
Location: Balls Creek Campus
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (ideally - B.Ed and/or pertinent theological education)
Experience Required: Previous teaching experience an asset
Closing Date: 2021-05-31 5:00PM
Elementary Teacher - Munro Academy Munro Academy is a growing independent non-profit day school offering positively life changing Christian education for Pre-Primary to Grade 12 Students.
The Elementary Teacher creatively and compassionately teaches Bible, Math, Language Arts, Science, History/Geography and provides loving home-room teacher leadership for a multigrade (Grades 3-4) classroom. This position involves daily direct contact teaching from 9:15 AM to 3 PM, daily staff meetings and additional classroom preparation. In addition, students participate in weekly gym and bi-weekly fine arts courses; some of these content areas may be facilitated by other teachers. As part of a vibrant teaching team, the Elementary Teacher is responsible to the Principal and is hired by the Principal and Board.
Preparing and teaching daily classes in:
- Language Arts
- Ongoing communication with parents, including contact before/after school, e-mails, sending home notes and parent teacher conferences
- Participation in school community life, potential leadership in extracurricular clubs and other potential volunteer opportunities
- Regular assessment and continuing education
Qualifications the ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Passion for providing positively life-changing education for Cape Breton students through integrating the Bible and the person of Jesus into quality education
- Love of students!
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally - B.Ed and/or pertinent theological education)
- Active involvement in a local church/parish
- Ability to contribute to unity in Christ’s body in teaching as a member of staff representing the breadth and wealth of Cape Breton’s denominations
- Commitment to Munro Academy’s community vision as outlined in Student/Parent Handbook
- Successful completion of required criminal/abuse registry checks
- Demonstrated positive classroom management abilities for this age-group
- Competency in Music is an asset (not required)
- Making a formational difference in the lives of Cape Breton students at this pivotal age!
- Salary: competitive to other private school teachers’ salary
- Health/Life, etc. benefits package available (50/50 copay)
- Up to $1000/year continuing education for post-bachelor’s studies (to be approved by principal)
- Usage of school owned laptop computer
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Principal Pastor Stephen Fenton - firstname.lastname@example.org
. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.Only successful candidates will be notified.